Thursday, 3 December 2015

Pre-Production Work

Masthead Designs

I decided to play with the design of my Masthead for my magazine freehandedly in order to experiment with the different styles I could use for my magazine and what each style will help represent in my magazine. I have experimented using the same typeface for both the words "pop" and "Illustrate" as well as treating them as completely separate words with two completely different fonts used within the one masthead. Overall on design, I prefer the more robust and bolder title's than the thinner fonts due to the impact the bolder font would create on my front cover, allowing it to stand out more easily on the cover. 


Final Masthead Design
After experimenting with fonts and some colours to use as a part of my masthead, I preferred the final design for a masthead as I feel like this was bold enough to capture the attention of my target audience, had the potential to hold the same colours as the house style to help the overall theme of the magazine to link together as well as including two different fonts that help separate the two words that make up the title of the magazine as well as portraying two different styles of fonts and connotations to do with these styles which helps represent that the magazine caters for more than just the singular music genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment