Friday, 20 November 2015

Pre-Production Work

Flatplans

Front Cover
My front cover flat plan plays with the stereotypical conventions of a normal front cover of a published magazine: by keeping the masthead at the top of the front cover I am allowing the new magazine's title to be the main focus of the magazine and to allow it to be seen easily in a magazine wrack; I have kept the majority of the cover lines flushed left on the left third of the cover in order to allow them to easily be read by the target audience and I have added some cover lines on the right third in order to add further interest and dynamics to the front cover; I have used the majority of free space around the artist photograph to include the main cover line so that it stands out on the page, and; I have opted to use a Puff to add interest in my front cover and force focus on that particular element to the magazine. 

Contents Page
The contents page has been planned to take up an entire double page of the magazine so that the information does not appear cramped, such as it would do if it was on a single page, and so my target audiences attention will be caught and kept through the use of the visual images that would highlight the main articles, features, and furniture throughout the magazine. By bannering the contents page title across the two pages I am separating the sections of the contents page clearly as well as creating white space on the page so that the magazine does not appear too crowded and messy. I have also drawn attention to specific articles more than others by increasing the the size of the chosen pictures on the contents page. I have also included a letter from the editor to add depth to the magazine as well as aiming the make a further connection to my target audience.


Double Page Spread
Finally, for my double page spread I have kept a similar appearance and theme to my front cover and double page spread by allowing the double page to include some white spaces so that the magazine looks less messy and cramped. I have sectioned the double page spread so that the majority of text, and the whole article, is easily read on the right page of the double page spread with the artist sectioned mostly on the left page showing a higher importance to the artist with the fact that they have an entire page just for their image. I have also decided to include an artist signature at the end of the main article to add a personal touch to the interview and give the interview a greater feeling of true authenticity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment