Friday, 2 October 2015

Cover Designs

For my college magazine front cover design, I decided to experiment with a few flat plans in order to asses which composition would look best on my magazine along with my picture.

With both the first and last flat plans I have kept very conventional and safe in the design layout having the masthead at the top of the page and keeping the coverlines down the left third. My second and third flat plans are more unconventional with the masthead in a box rather than a rectangle or down the left third of the page in order to make the magazine appear more modern and new in order for it to appeal to my niche market.

For my final front cover design I have decided upon using the last flat plan is it is the most recognisable, specifically keeping the masthead at the top of the page allows readers to instantly see the title on a magazine rack. I have also chosen this flat plan as it fits perfectly with my photograph and leaves enough white space on the front cover so that it would not look too crowded and obscure the image rather than enhance it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment